Monday 2 January 2017

Effects Switching system development

I have done some more work on my Effects Switching system that I'm developing. I have taken a whole bunch of things into consideration. I've developed a modular platform that can be added onto as needed.
This way I can develop a new module that hooks into the same BUS and can do different things. I have since learnt that MIDI control is relativity simple (so to speak) on the arduino platform. It's only in design stage at the moment. I still have more simple switching systems that I will build this year to use up current PCBs I have (4-8 channel systems). With my new Modular system I can have some pretty crazy amounts of inputs and outputs.
Inputs switches (stomp or tactile for programming) - 56 Total
Expansion modules - 1000 Total
          Relay Module - 4 x True Bypass Channel (LED on each)
                                   4 x Independent LEDs
                                   Can be used as 4 independent relays for amp switching
          Tails module - 4 x Buffered Tails channels (LED on each)
          4 x Independent LEDs
           ((More modules under development))
MIDI send, receive, through
LCD screen 4 or 2 line dot matrix screen


This is just the bare bones of the switching system. With the use of the modules anything can be controlled.... well that's the plan anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment