Monday 2 January 2017

CNC Milling/Engraving/Routing machine

Finally my first day off work since before Christmas. I got a chance today to assemble and fire up my CNC milling machine kitset.

I ordered this beasty on the 11.11 sale on AliExpress and got it for $198.88US delivered.

CNC 2418 GRBL DIY CNC machine,work area 24x18x4.5cm,3 Axis Pcb Milling cnc Machine Wood router Carving Pvc Mill Engraver

This is the machine I bought

Assembling was pretty straight forward came with really good instructions and everything needed to unbox and build.

I took my time to align and tighten everything properly. Used a steel rule and vernier calipers to measure everything. Wanted to do it once and right.

I'm a bit annoyed it had no limit switches, but I may install them later and upgrade the controller to a CNC shield GRBL controller so I can use limits and z-probe.

Here are a bunch of snaps of the build process. From unboxing to completed and hooked up to my laptop for testing.

















1 comment: