Monday 24 April 2017

PPSS-6 : Pepers' Pedals Switching System 6. An update of progress on my switching system

So I've been doing some more work on my effects switching system that I have named PPSS-6. I boxed up the prototype and put it through it's paces. This took a fair bit of work and a whole lot of time.
Drilling template
All drilled....by hand. wonky holes and all

Parted out to check fits

Powder Coated black

Parting out.

More parting out

Most the guts done
All the guts in

Front shot

So with it assembled and running I shot a video of it working.

The modes are as follows:

Normal Mode - Each switch is linked to a single loop only. All loops are independent of each other
Channel Mode - An extension of Normal Mode. Channel mode can be assigned to any of the loops. I needs to be applied to 2 or more loops otherwise it is pointless. Channel mode allows the user to change from one loop to another with only one button press. For instance loops 1,2,3 are in channel mode, switch channel 1 on it will turn off either 2 or 3, switch channel 3 on it will turn off loops 1 or 2. Any combination of Normal and Channel modes can be setup in Normal.
Preset Mode - 6 programmable presets. Each switch can have any combination of loops assigned to it.

The green LEDs are the switch. The red LEDs are the loops. When switching from Preset mode to Normal mode non of the loops turn off instead the switch LEDs dedicated to the loop that are on will light up.





So that is the first prototype finished. I decided that assembly of this unit took far too long. So I have redesigned in. I will cover that in my next post. This one is getting too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment