Monday 20 March 2017

B3K Clone update


This is the schematic that I drew up after tracing out the GUMA PCB. Now adjusted and verified.
The verified schematic. Tidied up
All my bits came in last week and I verified my Darkglass B3K clone PCBs. At first it sounded a bit rubbishy, muddy. I realised I had put in a 10nF cap where there should have been a 1nF cap. Desoldered the cap and soldered in a new one (onto the back of the board as it was easier). The other thing is that it needs a jumper on the 100R resistor as it's in the wrong place. I then did an A/B test with the other clone I had built (GUMA drive). Sounded very very close. At the time of testing I was using 2N5458 FETs instead of the J201 FETs (now like unicorn dicks). Next step is to try and replicate the tonestack of the b7k.




Top side PCB

Bottom Side PCB

Populated PCB ready for testing

The other side

5 comments:

  1. That's great! good luck with that tonestack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, nice! Can i have the eagle and the pcb file?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, is possible to get the pcb file for this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be grateful for sending me files that you have for this project even just pics of original pcb. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete